Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Live Chat/IM

Board index » Halloween Preparation » Halloween and Horror Movies

Post subject: Re: Dark Shadows remake?
 Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:00 am 
Halloween Master

Sorry if the DS movie is disappointing its producers. I thought it was enjoyable for what it was.

The Avengers was a good movie, but I don't just love love love the superhero stuff. It's good for me for one viewing, not endless re-viewings. IDK. Maybe there is a hunger for heroes out there.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 pm 
Halloween Master

That was no remake. Johnny Dep's "Dark Shadows" was both a very good retelling of the "Dark Shadows" / Barnabas Collins story, AND a very funny comedy. Definately destined for my private DVD collection. I still laugh when I envision Barnabas Collins brushing his fangs.

The sound track to that movie was fabulous, too. A lot of old 70s rock & roll. I drove my Mercury with the 380 watt stereo in it for just that reason. When a song was playing I cranked it out, and people outside the car were dancing. That was the most fun I ever had at a drive-in movie.

Mike

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:12 am 
Halloween Master

johnny depp saved this film from disaster :oops:

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:59 pm 
Halloween Master

Over all, Johnny Dep's "Dark Shadows" didn't do all that great at the box office. Too bad, because it was a good movie. The problem is that a lot of the die-hard "Dark Shadows" fans did not want it to be a comedy. They wanted to stick with the original gothic style soap opera type of a drama that we all knew and loved, and I will admit that at first, that's what I was hoping for, too. BUT, there's n o arguing the fact that I really loved the movie, and must have it in my private collection. Even if I hated it, it would be worth it just for the sound track. I would STILL like to see a truer version of "Dark Shadows" revived on tv or in the movies, but that does noe make Johnny Dep's version a "bad" movie. Quite the contrary, it was both a good story and a funny comedy.

Mike

Board index » Halloween Preparation » Halloween and Horror Movies