Spicy Hot Food? Yes? No? How Hot?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Spicy Hot Food? Yes? No? How Hot?

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:21 pm

Ive been watching the celebrity interview show Hot Ones. :shock: It's been on for some time but if you've never heard of it, it's a show where the host and the guest have a discussion about anything and everything while eating 10 different degrees of hot wings, from level 1 to level 10. Most celebrities dont make it to 10. I can honestly say this. Stone Cold Steve Austin isn't just a bad *** in character, he's a bad *** period. He made it to and through level ten while keeping his composure.

So do you like Spicy Hot foods? If you do, how Hot can you go? Which hit sauce is your favorite?
The wind howls and old shudders slam. Leaves blow in through an open door.A dark figure enters in. A blade slides down from his sleeve.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Spicy Hot Food? Yes? No? How Hot?

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:18 am

I love spices, but I absolutely cannot take the hot peppers. I can take black pepper, a touch of cayenne, and sometimes the types of peppers used in Mexican food, as long as they don't have seeds, are cooked, and are used sparingly. Not a big fan of jalapenos, but sometimes take them or poblanos under the conditions specified. I do like a big pot of chili, either red or white.

Nashville (my sphere) has become famous for its hot chicken, but that is a recent phenomenon. Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't get the appeal.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:20 am

I'm with you, Murf.

I think a lot of food began as a 'dare', especially peppers.

That being said there can never be enough ground black pepper on my plate, or hot paprika.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:13 pm

I still like a little black pepper on some of my foods, but for the most part, I just can't abide any of those really hot spices any more. I liked them when I was a young man, but my stomach, gastric bypass and all, just can't abide it any more.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 am

They say Nashville hot chicken began as a punishment. A wife was angry with her husband and, to get even with him, cooked fried chicken so peppery she didn't believe he could or would eat it. To her astonishment, he did like it. I guess he owned a restaurant, and Nashville hot chicken was born. People do dare each other to eat it.

I've read that peppers in general are healthful, especially for those living in hot climates. They thin the blood and help people keep cooler. Cultures that evolved in cold places generally have bland, fatty diets, because people need that for energy in the cold.

Pumpkin_Head
Haunt Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:33 pm

That makes sense, Murf. Hot and spicy foods, however, are becoming very popular in my neck of the woods where temps can get pretty darn cold in the Winter time.

Mike