Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Live Chat/IM

Board index » Halloween Preparation » Off Topic Stuff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: People die everyday?!?!?
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:36 pm 
Halloween Master

NeverMore wrote:

Interesting video from NPR that explains how the world population went from 1 to 7 billion in the last 200 years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VcSX4ytEfcE#!

I'm guessing that it was by the old fashioned method. 8)

Prepare for death & follow me.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:18 pm 
Master Reaper

Well, I can tell you from experience! People die everyday! I know, I take of them when they do! I have to go by my religious up bringing and science. Not preaching, but was taught God created man and woman! Both sinned in the eyes of God! God punishes man and woman for sinning. Subject to death!
Science gives life about 75 years for man, 85 for woman..Generations continue on...Years continue on, body gets old, breaks down, we parish! Nothing we can do to change that!
I hate it, but what ya going to do???? Lol In my line of work, I see death everyday! The era of World War II veterans is dwendling away fast! That generation is going quickly! Korean War and Vietnam era starting to rise in numbers! Lucky, today we are living longer then anyone before us. Medical break throughs and medicine have prolonged life! If you lived during the Civil War period, your life span might have been 60 years if your lucky! I am around death everyday and I myself fear it! But thats me! Some may not fear it! If you believe in afterlife, then you know your destiny? Another observation, people are dying younger and younger due to the high rate of cancer and heart disease! We know now that our lifestyles have allot to due with developing these conditions! At the same time, new breakthroughs also meep us alive longer!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:59 pm 
Halloween Master

Hey Undertaker... have you ever heard of Aubry de Grey? He's a gerontologist who says we now have the tools to allow humans to stop aging. Someone just has to start applying them. He believes the first person to be 1000 years old is alive today and may be as old as 60. He may be right. There have been experiments where scientists not only stopped aging, they've actually reversed it, in lesser animals of course.

If it took 200 years for world population to go up 6 billion, how long would it take to reach 10 billion if people stopped dying? Experts think that 10 billion is the most people that this planet can support. Scary, huh?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:51 pm 
Halloween Master

who the hell wants to live that long???

I'll take my 71yrs and go quietly thank you very much

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:19 am 
Halloween Master

NeverMore wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:
Sorry, it is from NPR it is not either interesting or worthwhile.

So information is not valid if it comes from a source you don't like? Sort of limiting yourself aren't you?

Not when it is a source that continually lies.

Henry David Thoreau

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:35 am 
Halloween Master

iHaunt, there really is no "proper" or "correct" answer to that question. People die every day of the year. It's just a fact of life. On the bright side of that coin, people are also born on every day of the year. That, too is also a fact of life. Every day of the year is both a death date for some one and a birth date for some one.

Mike

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:47 am 
Halloween Master

I remember my biology teacher in college saying that without death there would be no birth. I think he meant that the physical materials out of which new life is formed come, in part at least, from the decayed materials of those people and creatures who have lived before us. At any rate, if I try to imagine a world with no death, I think I am also imagining a world with no birth--a static world.

Jonathan Swift imagined creatures who would live forever in the third book of Gulliver's Travels. He called them "Struldbruggs." At first, Gulliver imagined that they would live extraordinarily blessed lives, but then he met one. He realized that eternal life in this world was not a blessing, but a curse.

At the same time, we all deplore death, especially when it happens to someone we deem too young. My mother used to say that "the surest sign life is worth living is the grief an older person feels upon the death of a young one."

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 am 
Halloween Master

I try to remind myself that death lead to horror and that is something we all respect.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:37 am 
Halloween Master

Murfreesboro wrote:
I remember my biology teacher in college saying that without death there would be no birth. I think he meant that the physical materials out of which new life is formed come, in part at least, from the decayed materials of those people and creatures who have lived before us. At any rate, if I try to imagine a world with no death, I think I am also imagining a world with no birth--a static world.

Jonathan Swift imagined creatures who would live forever in the third book of Gulliver's Travels. He called them "Struldbruggs." At first, Gulliver imagined that they would live extraordinarily blessed lives, but then he met one. He realized that eternal life in this world was not a blessing, but a curse.

At the same time, we all deplore death, especially when it happens to someone we deem too young. My mother used to say that "the surest sign life is worth living is the grief an older person feels upon the death of a young one."

Excellently put! :)

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 pm 
Halloween Master

All I know is if I have to look like a naked mole rat, I don't want to live longer.

Here's the article.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:27 am 
Halloween Master

What an ugly creature that is NeverMore!

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:42 am 
Halloween Master

I'm getting tired of seeing some people who love to f- around everday!!! Some are getting killed each other!!! Please let's end this violence!!! :evil:

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:56 am 
Halloween Master

Andy Rooney died today. He was people.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 am 
Halloween Master

I was sorry but not surprised to hear about Andy Rooney. I figured he must be ill or he wouldn't have quit his job. A man who works until 92 is a man who intends to die with his boots on.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:53 am 
Halloween Master

I will go to retire way before I become old like that. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Halloween Preparation » Off Topic Stuff