Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Live Chat/IM

Board index » Halloween Welcome » Halloween Writing

Post subject: Brianwood Manor Chap 3
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:42 pm 
Halloween Master

That queezy, nausious feeling didnt' go away until I was almost back to the house. I walked around to the front door so I could do another walk through of the place. In spite of my experience at the crypt, I felt good about my aquisition.

The time had more or less gotten away from me, and the next day was going to be busy, so I thought I would turn in early. It was about 9:30 or so, and the darkness had completely taken over. There was no moon that night. I was so tired I could have sleped on a picket fence. I took a nice leisurely shower, and then I went to bed in the hopes of a good night's sleep.

At about 3 am or so, I was awakened by what sounded like a child crying. No, actualy it was screaming, and not what you would expect from a child. It was wails of extreme tormet. Cries of horrid agony such as I have never heard before. I couldn't tell where they were comming from. My guess wold have been the basement, but I couldn't really be sure. I got out of bed, and as I stepped out of the room, the screaming stopped abruptly. I didn't know what to make of it. Was I dreaming? Or was there a child some where in my house in trouble? I thought I better go check, so I put on my roab and slippers and went down to the basement. When I turned ont he light at the top of the basement stairs, the lighting was as dismal, for lack of a better word, as any basement could be. There was only one bulb, and it appeared it hadn't been changed in a long time. Barely about 40 watts, old incondescent type. That was a project I was going to have to tackle soon. Anyway, I took a glance around. Like the attic, there were a few odds & ends. Some old, broken furnature, an antique radio, some very old carpenters tools, and a few other junk items you would expect to see in a basement.

I was getting ready to head upstairs when it seemed that the temperature had dropped about 20 degrees. I was actualy shivering, and could see my breath. I ouldn't understand it, as it was a warm day. At any rate, I took one more look around, and that's when Inoticed it. There was a ldoor way, barely 3 or 4 feet wide. It was sealed up with bricks, in an attempt to hide it was even there, but it was obviously a door way none the less. I walked up to it, and again, I noticed that smell, that same smell that was in my bed room, only a little stronger. A knot formed in my stomach again, just as it did when I entered the crypt the previous evening. I picked up an old hammer and tapped on it. I could hear a very faint echo.

I didn't want to do any more that night, so I went back up stairs to bed. While I struggled to get back to sleep, I debated in my mind, whether or not to break through that wall or not. Perhaps I should do a little research.

Mike

Post subject: Re: Brianwood Manor Chap 3
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:15 am 
Halloween Master

Thats a very cool story Mike!! Thanks for sharing it!!

Board index » Halloween Welcome » Halloween Writing