Anyone else go through a little Halloween hangover?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
reevadoress
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Anyone else go through a little Halloween hangover?

Post by reevadoress » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:32 pm

Anyone else besides me go through this a little tad? Seems like Halloween comes and goes faster each year, but I always seem to have a tough time putting it behind me! I think a big reason for it is because my favorite time of year is summer right up until the middle of fall, and so I know that when Halloween is over is when the coldest stretch of the year is about to start. I don't mind a little cold weather around Christmas, but I'm definitely ready for spring and summer by the time January and February rolls around. How about you?

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Anyone else go through a little Halloween hangover?

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:37 pm

Yeah by the time January 1st rolls around I want to see green grass and flowers.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Anyone else go through a little Halloween hangover?

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 am

The fall definitely does not last long enough. Around here it stays summertime hot until mid-Oct. Then this year we had a series of windy rains in Nov. We got pretty color for maybe two weeks.

That said, I love Christmas, too, so I'm happy right now. January, my mother always said, is "the Monday morning of the year". Nothing but minor holidays until Easter. At least, in the South, we get daffodils in Feb.

Oh, well, as Shakespeare says, "If all the year were playing holiday,/to sport would be as tedious as to work"