Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Live Chat/IM

Board index » Halloween Welcome » Halloween General




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:35 pm 
Offline
Zombie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm
Posts: 21
Location: USA
I am planning to write an Ebook for Halloween 2012.
What kind of things you want to see in an ebook?
*Costume sizing guide?
*Making Homemade costume guide?
*Halloween games?
*Online Halloween costumes guide?
*Halloween crafts for kids?
Please share your thoughts? What the average person is looking or need help with?
Thank you in advance.

_________________
http://www.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Search Engine
http://store.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Store
http://www.HalloweenMall.co - Halloween COmmunity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:35 am 
Offline
Zombie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
It all depends on what kind of ebook and writing you're accustomed to. I've written a book myself, which I also released as an ebook:

http://bimey.com/
http://www.amazon.com/Bimey-Tim-Rowberry/dp/0615548490/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334680120&sr=8-1

and you really need to write something you have a passion for, and not necessarily just what everyone wants. I happened to have a passion for writing about a bunny who got his eyes ripped out of his head and replaced with regenerating bombs.So everyone has their forte :wink:

Although from your post, you seem to be focusing on costumes. So I would start with that, but always make sure you do something different to catch your readers attention and keep it.

Tim

_________________
Check out my Halloween Nativity project on Kickstarter!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:44 am 
Offline
Zombie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm
Posts: 21
Location: USA
Thank you for the replay man.
Your book looks interesting; I am more about doing an EBook guide to help people with their Halloween 2012 activities & shopping.


XxTIMOxX wrote:
It all depends on what kind of ebook and writing you're accustomed to. I've written a book myself, which I also released as an ebook:

http://bimey.com/
http://www.amazon.com/Bimey-Tim-Rowberry/dp/0615548490/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334680120&sr=8-1

and you really need to write something you have a passion for, and not necessarily just what everyone wants. I happened to have a passion for writing about a bunny who got his eyes ripped out of his head and replaced with regenerating bombs.So everyone has their forte :wink:

Although from your post, you seem to be focusing on costumes. So I would start with that, but always make sure you do something different to catch your readers attention and keep it.

Tim

_________________
http://www.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Search Engine
http://store.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Store
http://www.HalloweenMall.co - Halloween COmmunity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:52 am 
Offline
Zombie
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 pm
Posts: 27
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
If you're going to go more so helping people with activities and shopping, I would spend time finding uniquely fun games, and places that don't carry all the normal Halloween stuff. You definitely want to do something to stand out from the crowd, books are a very crowded space to jump into.

Good luck!
Tim

_________________
Check out my Halloween Nativity project on Kickstarter!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:55 am 
Offline
Zombie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm
Posts: 21
Location: USA
Thank You Tim...

XxTIMOxX wrote:
If you're going to go more so helping people with activities and shopping, I would spend time finding uniquely fun games, and places that don't carry all the normal Halloween stuff. You definitely want to do something to stand out from the crowd, books are a very crowded space to jump into.

Good luck!
Tim

_________________
http://www.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Search Engine
http://store.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Store
http://www.HalloweenMall.co - Halloween COmmunity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am 
Offline
Halloween Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:35 am
Posts: 4559
Location: 2nd level of Hell

The homemade costume guide seems interesting. That's becoming a sort of a lost art. Or a parenting book specifically aimed at activities you could do with your kids. Need to spread the fun to the next generations.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 am 
Offline
Halloween Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:11 pm
Posts: 1373
Location: Arizona, USA
Oooh, yeah-- homemade costuming does seem like a lost art-- I think that's one of the reasons Martha Stewart's Halloween edition of 'Living' (the magazine) is so cool; she has lots of really interesting ideas for homemade costumes.

Something else that we get a lot of questions about on the forum are how to carve pumpkins-- what tools to use, where to find good (free) patterns, how to make a pumpkin pattern.

Cheap decorating ideas-- for parties and homes (in general) are also high on the lists of things people like to hear about. We often get "how should I decorate" questions. I think it's important to let people know that there are other Halloween colours besides black and orange out there-- Green, purple, and red are also "Halloween". Plus, you don't just have to stick with black cats, pumpkins and ghosts. There are a wide variety of Halloween themes out there that can vary depending on what you want to do with your party. Rather than doing a broad theme of "Halloween", it can help decide how to decorate by picking a more specific theme such as "Vampires" or "Witches".


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 am 
Offline
Zombie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm
Posts: 21
Location: USA
Thank You for the great ideas @NeverMore @jadewik

_________________
http://www.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Search Engine
http://store.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Store
http://www.HalloweenMall.co - Halloween COmmunity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
Halloween Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:23 am
Posts: 6767
How about some nice scary stories. That allways goes well with a Halloween book.

I would also suggest a chapter on pumpkins, and carving jack o'lanterns.

Mike


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:50 pm 
Offline
Zombie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm
Posts: 21
Location: USA
Sounds Good Mike but I am more in the guide thing :-)

Pumpkin_Man wrote:
How about some nice scary stories. That allways goes well with a Halloween book.

I would also suggest a chapter on pumpkins, and carving jack o'lanterns.

Mike

_________________
http://www.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Search Engine
http://store.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Store
http://www.HalloweenMall.co - Halloween COmmunity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:15 pm 
Offline
Halloween Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:11 pm
Posts: 1373
Location: Arizona, USA
Just had another thought-- what about putting in some pre-made invites for various themed parties?

A lot of people are just looking for quick party invites, name cards, etc-- so including a cool template or two for a themed party might be a good idea if you can swing it. Party planning, in general... suggestions for food, decorations, activities and having it be quick and easy for people too are really what a lot of (average) people are looking for in Halloween magazines/books. (We don't really have that trouble here because us forum dwellers think about Halloween year-round, sometimes planning years in advance!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:38 am 
Offline
Zombie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm
Posts: 21
Location: USA
Great thought, I LIKE it

jadewik wrote:
Just had another thought-- what about putting in some pre-made invites for various themed parties?

A lot of people are just looking for quick party invites, name cards, etc-- so including a cool template or two for a themed party might be a good idea if you can swing it. Party planning, in general... suggestions for food, decorations, activities and having it be quick and easy for people too are really what a lot of (average) people are looking for in Halloween magazines/books. (We don't really have that trouble here because us forum dwellers think about Halloween year-round, sometimes planning years in advance!)

_________________
http://www.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Search Engine
http://store.HalloweenMall.com - Halloween Store
http://www.HalloweenMall.co - Halloween COmmunity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline
Haunt Master

Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:50 am
Posts: 419
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
I agree with all of the above...like the homemade costume idea. BUT..please don't do the run of the mill 'how to turn your 2 year old into a bunny" idea. Maybe a section specifically for adults; with some unique costume ideas..ie: Prom/formal dress from the thrift store can be turned into this (example) this (example) etc. Mens robe in this styles can be turned into.... you get the idea. I made my best pirate costume for a man from a mans robe I purchase for $4.00. I would also like to see decorating tips for the novice.. in our case..you can do almost anything with thin styrofoam from the Home depot, and also with newspaper, flour and water...oh and don't forget cardboard and pvc pipe!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:01 pm 
Offline
Halloween Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 1111
Location: Austin Texas
I say go vintage with costumes.

_________________
happy happy halloween silver shamrock.

Image
Please check out our new horror movie blog check our the first post on our new horror movie blog https://horrormoviehallofflames.wordpress.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: I need your Help with an Ebook
 Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2012 7:43 am 
Offline
Halloween Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:35 am
Posts: 4559
Location: 2nd level of Hell

I just finished reading a Halloween trivia book that my roommate gave me. It was a lot like one of those Uncle John Bathroom Readers. Lots of interesting stuff in that book. A trivia section may work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Halloween Welcome » Halloween General


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: