Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Live Chat/IM

Board index » Halloween Welcome » Halloween General

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: WHAT SCARES YOU THE MOST!!!!
 Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:06 pm 
Halloween Master

Spookymufu wrote:
This doesn't really "scare" me but, midgets creep me out, I suppose if a midget was wearing a clown costume, that might scare me a little. And I'm not talking about the Danny Devito type, but the oompa-loompa type with tiny arms and legs and pudgy, short hands and big heads etc.....

Also, I know that wasn't "PC" but I felt I needed to describe the type.

I have a politically incorrect one too. Transsexuals and transvestites creep me out.

~Nicholas Gordon

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:57 pm 
Halloween Master

Pumpkin_Man wrote:
I went to the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC back in February of 04, and I actualy stood inside of one of the railroad box cars used to transport Jewish people and others to the death camps. That didn't just creep me out, that scared the daylights out of me. Men, women and children died in that cattle car, and the survivors were taken away to be gassed or worse. I just felt a real sense of hopelessness when I stood in that rail car, even worse then when I visited the Bartonville Insane Asylum.

That whole museum is a monument to the worst horror ever perpetraited by man kind.

Mike

There's a museum like that in Dallas as well, Mike. My entire 8th grade class visited it when we were studying Anne Frank's diary. I remember that there was a display case full of things that were taken from the dead, including gold teeth. The museum also had one of the railroad cars you described--our guide made nearly the entire class get in and shut the door to illustrate how full they would cram the cars for the journey to the camps which would sometimes last for days. The visit was very somber but we did get to hear a survivor speak. This guy was a survivor in every sense of the word and his story was just incredible. I think despite the circumstances, listening to him probably lifted everyone's spirits a bit.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:57 am 
Halloween Master

Spookymufu wrote:
Mines more of a phobia, the ocean spooks me. I love the water, like boats but hate being IN the water, more of a fear of what's in the water

OMG, Spooky, I have the same exact phobia. It doesn't help that I almost drowned as a kid and can't swim because of this. But like you, I love the ocean etc.; the idea of what 's could be lurking below, haunts me.

What's even spookier, to me, is still water. Don't like lakes, at all. I'll go in the ocean before a lake. Last but not least, heights.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am 
Halloween Master

ramaries69 wrote:
Spookymufu wrote:
Mines more of a phobia, the ocean spooks me. I love the water, like boats but hate being IN the water, more of a fear of what's in the water

OMG, Spooky, I have the same exact phobia. It doesn't help that I almost drowned as a kid and can't swim because of this. But like you, I love the ocean etc.; the idea of what 's could be lurking below, haunts me.

What's even spookier, to me, is still water. Don't like lakes, at all. I'll go in the ocean before a lake. Last but not least, heights.

You and I sound the same, could you imagine us on vacation together?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:32 am 
Halloween Master

I'd go just to push you both into a lake. :P

Prepare for death & follow me.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:21 am 
Halloween Master

Well, I don't think I have an irrational fear of the ocean, but I'm not confident swimming in it. I am a good swimmer and love pools & lakes, but the ocean is just too powerful for me.

One of my sons is such a great swimmer and has done so many high adventure trips with Scouting that he will swim in the ocean, no fear. His lack of fear about it worries me. He has swum with sting rays and sharks on trips with his Scout troop. During one spring break from college in Miami, he swam with a barracuda. I worry sometimes that he is overly-confident.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:02 am 
Halloween Master

Ohhh I love the ocean, in my youth I use to go surfing, thats one thing I don't think I'd ever be afraid of.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:24 am 
Halloween Master

Murfreesboro wrote:
Well, I don't think I have an irrational fear of the ocean

irrational??

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:26 pm 
Halloween Master

Spookymufu wrote:
Murfreesboro wrote:

irrational??

HEY SPOOKY,I THINK THAT GUY IS HUNGRY HUH!!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:07 pm 
Halloween Master

Andybev01 wrote:
I'd go just to push you both into a lake. :P

Who you kidding Andy? If Spooky were to get stung by a jelly fish, you'd gladly p on him. That's bro love.

Murph: You definitely have to respect the ocean. My buddy got caught in a rip current once. I heard him yelling but the lifeguard didn't, so I had his wife go get help and I swam out to him. I was able to hold on to him till the lifeguard got there. As he started taking my buddy back he asked if I could make it and of course I said yes but I also got caught in the current. The lifeguard saw me struggling so he came back out, at which point I decided to stop swimming and put my feet down. Turned out I had been swimming in about five feet of water. Boy did I feel silly.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:01 am 
Halloween Master

Rip tides terrify me, especially in CA. My son says he is going to CA next summer (he is in Europe this summer). If he goes, I am going to preach to him about rip tides, because for some reason they have always seemed stronger to me out there.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:41 am 
Halloween Master

I love sharks. My dream is to go cage diving with great whites. I would also love to go to South Africa to the island near False Bay where the great whites breach the water. I would also like to dive with Caribbean Reef sharks. Hopefully someday I will get the chance....

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:53 am 
Vampire

Of course, my #1 is something happening to my daughter. But that one almost seems to obvious.

I'm terrified to fly - completely terrified. I have to do it which is the sucky part. I usually have to drink before or during the flight in order not to be completely soacked with sweat when I get off the plane. "Final Destination", while a pretty mediocre horror film, scared the <deleted> out of me completely (the first 20 mins anyway).

When I was little I was terrified of flat tires. LOL! Not sure why, I was just TERRIFIED of them - there were a couple houses in the town where I grew up that had cars with flat tires sitting in the driveway and I used to close my eyes when we'd drive by or beg my mom to drive a different way so we didn't have to pass the house.

I was terrified of spiders until I moved to the upper east coast. I grew up in CA where we had black widows and brown recluse spiders. Now that I live in a climate where these species can't thrive that fear has subsided. (Who knew?)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 am 
Halloween Master

Riptides occur in Lake Michigan, too, only they call it an under tow. A frind of our family got caught in an under tow and drowned. He was only 17 at the time.

Mike

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 pm 
Halloween Master

Spookymufu wrote:
Murfreesboro wrote:

irrational??

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!! :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Halloween Welcome » Halloween General