Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ   Live Chat/IM

Board index » Halloween Welcome » Halloween General

Post subject: Re: This is for Pumpkin_Man
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:42 am 
Halloween Master

Thanks folks. I am doing much better now, and am back to work. I agree about Hospital stays. They are boring at best, and this one was very painful when I went into the emergency room. But at least I'm much better now, and I'll be back on the Harley by Labor Day.

Mike

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 am 
Halloween Master

Sorry to hear you had such an unexpectedly rough time this summer, Mike! I'm glad you are on the mend and happy to see you on line!

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:23 am 
Haunt Master

Mike, we have a family friend that recently suffered from a perforated colon, back around the holidays. It was a trying few weeks for her, but she felt better and better by the day. Now, she's back to mountain biking, yoga, running, etc.

Best wishes to a speedy recovery, and remember, this too shall pass.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:42 pm 
Halloween Master

It's allready passing, and I just might take the bike out a little before the 4 weeks are up.

Murf, the Summer was actualy pretty good right up until that point. Even with all the hot weather, I had more motorcycling then I had in a long time, and am looking forward to plenty of motorcycle fun in September and October, which will be capped off when I go for my Halloween Midnight Motorcycle Ride. Last Halloween, when I did that, it was pretty cold, but it was still fun. There was a nice brisk chill in the air, but there was plenty of Halloween spirit going round, and the next couple of days were pretty nice.

At any rate, things are already looking up for me.

Mike

Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:26 pm 
Haunt Master

Glad to hear it, Mike. Keep on keepin' on!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:32 am 
Halloween Master

Glad to hear your recovery is going so well pumpkin man!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:41 am 
Halloween Master

Thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:13 pm 
Haunt Master

Hope this finds you healing quickly and in good spirits!!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:12 pm 
Halloween Master

Mike, you have an iDevice? iPad, iPhone, iTouch?

My buddy rides a Harley also. Just took a trip around Maine, then back across country. Before he left he had me download and install an app on his iPad. It's called 'Greatest Road Motorcycle Rider'. As far as I can tell it's only available in the iTunes store.

Basically, it shows you great scenic routes for whatever part of the country you're in. Most of the routes are added by other riders, people who know what bikers would be interested in seeing and doing. Don't know if they have a section on haunted places though.

If you're interested here's the website...

Here's the store link if you have iTunes...

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:25 pm 
Halloween Master

NeverMore wrote:

Mike, you have an iDevice? iPad, iPhone, iTouch?

My buddy rides a Harley also. Just took a trip around Maine, then back across country. Before he left he had me download and install an app on his iPad. It's called 'Greatest Road Motorcycle Rider'. As far as I can tell it's only available in the iTunes store.

Basically, it shows you great scenic routes for whatever part of the country you're in. Most of the routes are added by other riders, people who know what bikers would be interested in seeing and doing. Don't know if they have a section on haunted places though.

If you're interested here's the website...

Here's the store link if you have iTunes...

I will not get in a mobile phone operating system debate...I will not get in a mobile phone operating system debate...Oh screw it here goes I thought the point of iOS was that it was suppose to be easy. Why did your buddy who's capable of riding a motorcycle need you to install an app?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:54 pm 
Halloween Master

I will not get into a dumb user debate. I will not get into a dumb user debate. Oh well... you started it. Believe it or not, some people who are otherwise very intelligent, just don't get it when it comes to computers and their brethren. My buddy can do certain tasks on a computer but when it comes time to learn something new, he's just not interested. He doesn't even have iTunes while most of us have been using it since it was called aTunes (get it? a, b, c... sigh...).

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 pm 
Halloween Master

I didn't mean to imply an insult to your friend's intelligence only more curious why he couldn't. As a software designer I am all to aware of normally smart people's somehow total aversion to learning things about computers though in my experience most people with iOS devices have them cause they want all the apps that come along with it. So I was confused as to how someone who sounds like at the very least a moderately(presumably more) intelligent guy couldn't install his own app. As for iTunes I used to use it just to play music. But I got tired of it. iTunes is a resource hog.

On a side note I appreciated the aTunes humor.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:42 pm 
Halloween Master

My friends are inclined to ask me to fix their computer problems because it's so much easier for me. Tit for tat. That same buddy can lay down an awesome paint job on a car so next time I build one guess what he's doing?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 am 
Halloween Master

That's the normal kind of deal we get. You should encourage learning easy things like app installs though even if you have to do an overview.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:24 am 
Halloween Master

Murf, necessity and my work place made it impossible for me to be without a cell phone, so I actualy do have one, but it's the cheapest thing money could buy. It's a trak phone, and it does not have any of the iPad or other like features.

I pretty much know where I can fine some beautiful scenic routs to ride my motorcycle on, and I can also surf the web.

Mike

Board index » Halloween Welcome » Halloween General