I am posting this with the permission of friend how made up this recipe.
Recipe: Mini Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Try this recipe for a truly unique-tasting cookie!
* 1/4 cup of butter or oleo
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 cup of canned solid pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
* 2 eggs
* 2-1/4 cups of flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
* 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini chips (optional)
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Cream butter or oleo and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add pumpkin and eggs, blend well.
3. Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Beat well.
4. Stir in chips and pecans, if used.
5. Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
Makes about 40 cookies.
1. Bake at 350 degrees, 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Remove cookie sheets and place on wire racks.
3. Cool completely before adding glaze, if desired (see below).
Optional Decorative Glaze
1. Combine 2/3 cup of semi-sweet chocolate mini chips and 2 teaspoons of butter in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water
2. Stir until melted
3. Remove from heat and cool, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency to put into pastry bag and pipe onto each cookie.
As an alternative, dip a large spoon into the glaze and drizzle glaze over top of each cookie.
Allow glaze to cool before enjoying these tasty cookies!
She offers a word doc printable version after the recipe at http://www.jansdough.com/Poppo/Pumpkin_Cookies.htm